August 1, 2017
The KP, set in 180 acres of woodlands, is a luxury hotel and golf resort situated in the outskirts of the city of York. They offer their customers a luxury stay, fine dining experience, wedding services, as well as bespoke private & corporate events. The site consists of 34 lodges, with more than 130 rooms and an 18-hole championship golf course.
The team at the KP had been struggling with their phone lines, EPOS systems, email platform and SBS server. These problems were having a significant impact on their business and were not helped by their IT support provider at the time failing to provide adequate support. The KP were also keen to meet their guests requirements for Internet access in the lodges and Glasshouse. They had approached numerous providers, but were told that it either could not be done or that it would be too expensive.
Connexin were commissioned to install a flexible voice platform, build a super fast network onsite (to provide up to 100 mbps broadband) and to take over the responsibility for IT maintenance and support from the previous IT support provider. Connexin were challenged to provide the services outlined above in a cost effective manner working both in and out of hours to ensure minimal disruption to staff and guest.
Next Generation Telecoms
Our award winning Hosted Phone System utilise next generation cloud based technologies and unleash the power of the Internet to provide a feature-rich, enterprise grade telephone and video conferencing service that increase productivity and will reduce capital spend whilst making you more efficient.
Our network is a hybrid of Fibre Optics and Leased Line Microwave links which wirelessly deliver carrier grade, super fast internet connectivity over the air to enterprises, public sector and SMEs throughout the UK. The advantage of this is low setup costs and low operating costs. Speeds are in the range of upto 60Mb/s.
The Connexin Unified Wireless Hotspots are a scalable solution. Easy to deploy and managed through any standard web browser. It offers Real- time status, automatic device detection, Google Maps integration, and advanced security options. Connexin wireless hotspots are used in the education, retail, event and enterprise settings.
Network Management & IT Support
With accreditation from Cisco through to Mikrotik, Connexin are able to offer a full range of IT support and network management for all types of business. With locally trained engineers and technicians, we are able to offer a much faster response and fix time whatever the problems may be.
What we did for KP?
Hosted Phone System:
- Porting of existing numbers from BT to reduce costs on physical line rental.
- Full IVR (Voice Menu System) implemented to help direct calls to the right department.
- Plug and play phones, allowing for visitors to utitlise the service during their stay.
- Features such as Call Recording to help track call records for legal and quality purposes.
- Multicell DECT Solution to allows free call roaming around the Glasshouse.
- Fibre optic infrastructure from the main data room to the lodges was set up and then to the nearest BT handover point to connect on to the BT national network.
- Microwave links were used to connect 10 of the 34 lodges to the core network to reduce costs.
- Structured cabling, patch panels, data cabinets and switches installed as required.
- Unified Internal wireless network installed to provide enterprise grade WiFi throughout the Glasshouse and all 35 individual lodges.
- Free access for Staff only.
- Walled garden portal set up for visitors allowing Internet access on a pay per use basis as well as allowing KP to collect useful details for marketing purposes.
Network Management and IT Support
- Network and cable restructuring of existing Coms room.
- Migration of email from onsite to the cloud.
- Migration of SBS backups to the cloud.
- Remote and onsite support of desktops, laptops, EPOS systems, Golf systems and Ecommerce platform.
The KP now have a future proof scalable next generation network and IT infrastructure, which allows their guests and visitors to enjoy high speed internet access, satellite digital services, video-on-demand as well as offering their staff business grade broadband, phone services, EPOS systems, CRM, Email and IT support services. Their whole IT infrastructure is remotely monitored and managed by Connexin. The success of the IT restructure has encouraged the KP to increase the size of their luxury resort and they are building more lodges on site in 2014.