Princes Quay Shopping Centre
August 1, 2017
“A WiFi decision was made because of the direct need of social media engagement with shoppers. Connexin came in and they offered the best service, the best download speeds with the best data capture and analytics. There was minimal disruption – the engineers worked out of hours with radio contact with security. We now have some of the fastest hotspots in Hull and we now get a full data spread of the shopping centre, bearing in mind its over 6 levels, that’s 320,000 sq ft, it’s quite a complex site.”
Claire Suggitt – Centre Manager
Company Name: Princes Quay Shopping Centre
Type of Business: Shopping Centre
No of Employees: 50+
Solution Required: State of the art WiFi system that would be free for shoppers and a ticketless car park system.
Princes Quay is a shopping centre situated in the heart of the Hull City centre. It was officially opened in 1991 with views of the Hull Marina.
TO CREATE A MODERN SOCIAL HUB WHERE SHOPPERS ARE ABLE TO HAVE ACCESS TO HIGH SPEED WIFI FREE OF CHARGE WHILST ENJOYING THEIR SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
Centre manager, Claire Suggitt, was brought in to rejuvenate Princes Quay and increase footfall within the shopping centre. Recognising consumer demand and reliance on technology, Claire was keen to offer her customers the best and tasked Connexin to supply:
- A state of the art WiFi system that would be free for shoppers
- Seamless access so shoppers can roam and have continuous high speed access to WiFi
- A portal for news, offers and analytics
- A modular system which would allow the WiFi to be used with other services within the shopping centre such as their new “ticketless” Car Park system
- Delivery of project within a short 2 weeks window
The solution needed to be sustainable and to be completed within a 2 weeks window.
Connexins’ Point-2-Point wireless link was installed in the shopping centre giving a download speed of 20Mb+.
- 24 internal roaming wireless nodes were installed to allow Wi-Fi throughout the shopping centre.
A portal that needs to be accessed every time customers log onto the WiFi.
- Collects customer’s information which can then be collated into a report to be passed onto management.
- From the information, the management team can make marketing decisions.
Ticketless Car Park System
- A ticketless car park system that allows customers to access the car park without need of carrying ticket. When leaving, they input their registration number, pay for their allocated time and exit when the barrier automatically raises.
The shopping centre was enjoying a complete unified solution within 2 weeks. Shoppers are now able to connect quickly and are able to enjoy SuperFast WiFi for free. The offices are also able to enjoy reliable connections to handle their daily operation needs. Furthermore, the ticketless car parking system allows for shoppers to leave without the worry of losing their ticket!
Connexin designed, built and implemented state-of-the-art solution at fraction of the cost from traditional providers, all within the strict time frame as requested by the shopping centre. If you feel that your business would benefit from a similar solution, please get in touch with us now.