Holy Name Care Home
August 1, 2017
Holy Name Care Home
“Connexin really made a difference to the quality and security of the home. Things are a lot easier to implement and run very smoothly. They managed to complete it all within a short period of time. We only had 3 days before an assessment was to be carried out and all the work had to be completed. Connexin worked through the nights to ensure this was done for us. We were looking to keep costs down without compromising on quality, we found the service, products and staff to be of exceptional quality.”
Betty Marwah – Owner
Company Name: Molescroft Nursing Home (Holdings) Ltd
Type of Business: Services in Care
No of Employees: 50+
Full telecom and WiFi solution that meet CQC (Care Quality Commission) standards.
Holy Name is a 64-bed purpose built care home in Hull. The home is built around an old two storey Church and offers high-end residential care to a mix of residents using next generation technology
TO CREATE A SAFER, EASIER WORK AND LIVING ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL OCCUPANTS OF THE HOME.
With expensive quotes for outdated systems from previous providers at their other homes, the management at Holy Name was struggling to find cost effective solutions to enable them to provide the resident centered care that they were after in this new home. During a meeting with Connexin, the staff at Holy Name discussed their requirements and worked with Connexin to get an understanding of what technology was available. The staff and management made it clear what they wanted from their new system and the problems that they faced in previous homes:
Staff had to physically leave staff bays to see who was at the door.
- Tenants wishing to have broadband and phone services had to sign up for individual 18 month contracts. This was time consuming, expensive and impractical, as most residents are not able to meet these terms.
- A fully implemented system live within 3-days to meet the owners deadline.
The solution needed to be sustainable and meet CQC (Care Quality Commission) standards within the short 3-day window. After meeting with Holy Name, we received a floor plan of the building. This was used to perform a site survey and develop a site plan.
- Connexins’ Point-2-Point wireless link was installed in the home giving a download speed of 20MB+.
- 7 internal roaming wireless nodes were installed to allow Wi-Fi throughout the home.
- A Pay per use solution for all tenants configured, so people could access high-speed wireless broadband without any lengthy contract.
- An on-site IP-PBX solution that can comfortably handle as many lines as needed.
- A pay per second billing policy, saving money.
- Plug and play phones, allowing for easy upgrade and expansion
- Features rich phone system and training.
- For emergency situations or to make announcements a tannoy system was implemented.
- Motion sensitive IP Cameras both inside and outside the building offering complete security.
- IP Door entry system, allowing staff to control access via the phone system.
The home was enjoying the complete unified solution within just under a week. Nurses are now able to stay in touch quickly and effectively with each other, patients and enquires from the outside world. The flexible WiFi and telecom solutions mean that tenants are able to utilise both services without entering long term contract with traditional providers. Patients and their family can now stay in touch for longer and cheaper no matter where they are in the world. The IP security system allows nurses, matron and the owner to be constantly updated with security updates in and out of the home.
Connexin designed, built and implemented state-of-the-art solution at fraction of the cost from traditional providers, all within the strict time frame as requested by the home. If you feel that your business would benefit from a similar solution, please get in touch with us now.