Ashby De La Launde & Digby Village
The government launched Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK) in 2014 with the aim of:
- providing basic broadband, with speeds of ~2Mbps (megabits per second), for all by 2016
- providing superfast broadband (<24Mbps) coverage to 90% of the UK by 2016
- providing superfast broadband to 95% of the UK by 2017
Ashby De La Launde and Digby are villages that are classed as rural and prior to Connexin moving into the area, they had speeds of under 1Mbps.
ranitidine costco The Challenge
Connexin was tasked to:
- supply their own fibre optic connection to be laid out across the village
- distribute fibre wirelessly to areas in and around the village including Digby and the RAF base
- expand fibre to surrounding villages
Stage 1 – Understanding Client Needs
Discuss with the client regarding their needs
Stage 2 – Cabling
Insertion of cablings to allow for data to travel access points around the village with minimal disruption.
Stage 3 – Access Points, Installation and Configuration of Components
Routers and high-speed network switches are installed and configured to meet cliental needs. Private local networks, point to point and WiFi systems were installed to provide coverage to residents of the villages.
Broadband speeds have been dramatically increased from a mere 1Mbps to an average speed of 30Mbps across both villages. 95% of Ashby now has fibre optic and where fibre optic was not possible, wireless connections were installed at customers’ properties to improve broadband speeds.
Connexin designed, built and implemented state-of-the-art solution at fraction of the cost from traditional providers, all within the strict time frame as requested by the home. If you feel that your village would benefit from a similar solution, check out our Rural section of the website.